* Pointless dependencies that gain nothing (that's Rubyitis/JSitis)
* Reimplement standard library functions... inevitably, poorly
* Continue to support Python 2.[3-6], which inevitably hinders porting efforts to Python 3
* Assume ASCII is the One True Encoding®
* Take hostile posturing towards people trying to port their stuff to Python 3 (sadly still happens)
* Assume twisted is the only god damn networking library on the planet earth
* Tight coupling (not just Python tho)
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!